Thursday, July 5, 2007

It is a Hard Land

This has been an exciting trip for me. I was thrust into a new culture that is still tough to get used to but sometimes refreshing. We started out in the hustle of Jerusalem but then worked our way over to the Galilee which really opened my eyes. We walked through the land where Jesus did most of his ministry. I have already heard of these places but to be present at some of the sites brought the written word to life. The quote at the top of the page is very true when it speaks of the fifth gospel being the land. We went through some pretty difficult places and out faith and endurance was challenged but God seemed to bring us through His way rather than ours each time. God was teaching us in those times. I've learned more about the person of Christ more in the last three days than I had learned previously in my life. We now know how Jesus travelled and thus we continue to say, "We learn with our feet."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev,
I can't wait to talk to you more about your experiences, but its good to hear God is leading you boys. Baby tameling says hi and we love you,
janey

Anonymous said...

Men,
Looks amazing. Thanks for doing the blog - it's like a drop of water in a desert. Can't wait to drink more deeply from the stories ya'll bring back.
How about the cave? Keith, you interested in starting up a little Cave Bed and Breakfast in So Cal?
Travel well,
Nick (for Julie and baby too)