Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Journey - Final Remarks

First Day

We began on our journey full of energy and strength and filled with the passion to take on the land of Israel. We ended our journey blistered and scratched, tired and drained, but with a deeper understanding and appreciation for the Bible and the journey that Christ took by coming to live in this hot, dry land. Each day we had to trust that God would provide for us and He did. It wasn't always easy and at many different times we were taught the importance of not relying on ourselves and our own ability.

Now being home, were are adjusting to normal life after an experience that will forever shape our lives. I would ask anyone reading this that if they are given the opportunity to travel and experience Israel that they take full advantage of it. It may be out of your comfort zone, but God will use your experience as a strong foundation in your faith walk.

Last Day

4 comments:

Kevin said...

good summary. I'm going to post as soon as I have more frequent internet access.

Rudi said...

Cool blog guys... sounds like a great trip.

Kevin- I dig the shirt.

meredith said...

Wow! So I haven't had internet access very much lately, but I am SO excited to hear your post-trip processing!

Anonymous said...

God is so Great! I hope one day I will be able to go see the Dead Sea and visit Israel.